BACK TO OVERVIEW
David Brown Automotive is a design-led British automobile manufacturer.
Founded in 2013, David Brown Automotive launched its first model, Speedback GT in 2014 and its second model, Mini Remastered, in 2017. The company has gained worldwide presence and brand recognition, with an ethos based around quality, classic design, handcraftsmanship, ingenuity, dedication and passion.
David Brown Automotive require a Technical Buyer with a minimum of three years’ automotive parts procurement experience. You will be responsible for parts procurement within a niche vehicle build environment, reporting to the Head of Purchasing.
- Procurement of low volume bespoke vehicle components, together with interior control processes
- Ensure timely delivery, acceptable quality levels and optimised flow of materials
- Establish and manage relationships with suppliers
- In-house procurement process to support low volume bespoke vehicle manufacturing.
- Internal material control process
- Supply chain on-boarding and monitoring process
- Working with other departments to improve overall output and cycle times and reduce inventory levels
- Ensuring consistent procurement processes are undertaken throughout the supplier engagement process
- Assist in the implementation of a new company ERP/MRP system
- Canvass supplier information to create and maintain an up-to-date supplier database
- Attend regular meetings as required regarding incoming parts supply led by Head of Production
- To mentor junior members of the team
- Minimum of three years of Procurement related experience within the automotive sector
- Good working knowledge of the procurement interaction with engineering change/version control
- Strong technical background to work with suppliers to achieve acceptable quality with the correct pricing structure
- Experience of working on low volume production products
- Knowledge of automotive delivery systems
- CIPS certification
- Able to work independently within a small team with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills with the ability to evoke motivation in others
- Must be highly organised and able to adapt to a fast paced dynamic environment
- Qualified to degree level or be able to demonstrate equivalent levels of training & experience
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position
- Clean UK/EU Driving Licence