BACK TO OVERVIEW
David Brown Automotive is a design-led British automobile manufacturer.
Founded in 2013, David Brown Automotive launched its first model, Speedback GT in 2014 and its second model, Mini Remastered, in 2017. The company has gained worldwide presence and brand recognition, with an ethos based around quality, classic design, handcraftsmanship, ingenuity, dedication and passion.
A vacancy exists for a semi-skilled car trimmer/vehicle upholsterer for our Silverstone-based auto trim fashion workshop.
- A passion for all things automotive and an interest in general electrical and mechanical work. Must be able to strip out a vehicle, clean and prepare parts for covering and upholster to specification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a vehicle upholsterer/car trimmer.
- Experience of some or all the following elements in car upholstery:
- Machine sewing, cutting, pattern making and fitting
- Repairing and making seat cushions and squabs
- Fitting automotive replacement seat covers, door cards, dashboards, steering wheels and all other parts
- Working with leather, vinyl, Alcantara, adhesives and carpets
A degree of manual labour is also involved in this position, which involves lifting, scraping, and working in closed and confined spaces in a vehicle.
Our projects cover a broad range of modern, classic and vintage vehicles and the applicant must be diligent and conscientious with a good eye for quality and attention to detail.
Working as a part of a small team applicants must be willing to work closely with the team and work under pressure including tight deadlines. The candidate must have excellent organisational skills along with keeping their work area clean & organised and can plan their workload in advance.
40 hours per week
Closing date for applications: 31st July 2019